Ambassador Thomas

March 25th, 2012 kaolse14

Bob Woodward…. Clarence Thomas…. Harry Thomas…. Chris Matthews…. Who’s next?

Last year, I fulfilled my dream of meeting Bob Woodward. He gave a speech to the Holy Cross community about government secrecy and the dangers of “closed door” activities in Washington. His speech still resonates in my mind whenever I walk into my political science course. Of course, I purchased his book and had him sign it after his speech concluded. It’s my most cherished book on the bookshelf.

This semester is equally rewarding in terms of speakers. In February, I had the privilege of witnessing the Honorable Clarence Thomas receive an honorary degree from Holy Cross. Just last week, I was invited to attend a reception with the U.S. Ambassador to the Philippines: Harry Thomas. As an aspiring Foreign Service Officer, I took advantage of this opportunity to ask him questions about the State Department, life in the Foreign Service, and other topics of interest. Tomorrow, I will attend a lecture given by Chris Matthews, who is also a Holy Cross alum. I am going to arrive early so that I can sit near the front and take pictures! Without a doubt, I am going to purchase his latest book and have him sign it. I am so happy that I had/have the opportunity to meet these famous alumni before I go abroad to Russia!

One Response to “Ambassador Thomas”

1. Jackie says:

Great blog Kyle! Where’s your appalachia blog?! Here’s our video…

http://jmsalt15.me.holycross.edu/2012/04/02/fries-va-immersion-trip/